Skip to main content

An Introduction to Enchanting Emerald Explorer

 Hello, 

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. This is going to be a long introduction so get grab yourself a cuppa and get comfy. 

Background

I'm in my mid 20's and I feel, well I guess the best way to describe it is lost. I know I'm not alone and this has probably been exaggerated for many of us over last couple of years. As if you are like me you have been in 'survival mode'. 

I'm grateful to have a lovely life with wonderful people in it. However, I have missed that feeling of excitement from doing something you love. 

So I started to think about hobbies I used to enjoy. I even considered getting Sea Monkey's. (Now isn't that a throwback to the early 2000's!). Which lead me to deciding to create this blog. 



For the love of writing!

Writing is an activity that I have always enjoyed. Whether that was writing stories as a child or dipping my toes into blogging on Tumblr (again another throwback!) as a teenager.  

Several years ago I started a lifestyle blog which I wrote for a few years. I started it not long after my boyfriend and I first moved to London. I would explore the city, take photos and share what I had discovered. I developed a love of photography through this. I also wrote product reviews, book reviews, recipes, advice and more! Not only did I love writing I also enjoyed planning my blog content. 

I had some success with that blog. I was invited to a few blogger events and asked to review several books. 

However, whilst I was in London my job became at risk of redundancy. My boyfriend and I decide to move to Newcastle (one of the best decisions we have ever made). Unfortunately it wasn't smooth sailing. Not only did we end of moving during the start of the pandemic (less than ideal!) my first job up north was let's just say far from ideal!

As a result life started to feel overwhelming so sadly I stopped blogging. The longer I stepped away from blogging the louder my imposter syndrome became. When I tried to get back into blogging I felt like my writing wasn't good enough and started to feel embarrassed. I have since realised that I'm holding myself back from writing which brings me joy. 

Just thinking about starting to write again fills me with delight. For now I have decided to keep my blog anonymous so I can write freely (and hopefully keep the imposter syndrome at bay!). Once I have confidence in my writing I may change my mind. For me this blog is going to be a real passion project.

Where did Enchanting Emerald Explorer come from? 

I started with explorer as during the past few years I have realised that exploring nourishes my soul. I think this is because of the sense of adventure and discovery. Then thought emerald explorer as emeralds are my birth month gemstone (May). After a quick Google search I found emerald explorer as a name of a cruise company's reward scheme and also a dragon in Hearthstone (the more you know!). 

I decided to add another word, of course it had to begin with 'e' to keep the alliteration going. It can't just be me who finds alliteration satisfying! I decided on enchanting as I want my blog to focus on the little joys in life. 

So here we are, the end of my first blog post on Enchanting Emerald Explorer. I'm excited to see this blog take shape and where it could lead. 

I hope you stick around for the journey! 

E x


Comments

  1. Keep writing ! Would love to read about Tyneside and Newcastle lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Simple Ways to be More Eco-Friendly

Over the last few years I have been trying to be more eco-friendly in the hope to reduce my impact on our planet. I am not alone in this, as show by the increase in veganism and the availability of eco-friendly products. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I believe if we all make small changes we can make an impact. Most of these changes also save money so even if you aren't that fussed about the environment we all like to save money! 1. Shop Second Hand  In the UK we throw away 350,000 tonnes of clothing every year*. Not only that but the fashion industry makes up 10% of humanities carbon omissions **. The easiest way to reduce our environmentally impact is to buy what is already there rather than being new. This is now easier than ever thanks to the internet. You can by second hand clothes online through Re-fashion which is easy to search through if you are looking for a specific item. The money goes to charity and the items that either aren't high enough quality or don&#

Enchanting Reader: A Good Girls Guide to Murder Trilogy by Holly Jackson Review

My 2022 New Years resolution is to read a minimum of two books a month. I'm currently on nine books so doing well so far! I partly have to thank Holly Jackson as her trilogy (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder) helped me to get off to a flying start. As I read all three books in two weeks! I actually order the next two books half way through reading the first book. That in itself shows you how amazing this trilogy is.  A Good Girl's Guide to Murder has since gone viral on TikTok and for good reason! Before I review the trilogy I will share with you the summary of each book from GoodReads.  A Good Girls Guide to Murder (1) The case is closed. Five years ago, schoolgirl Andie Bell was murdered by Sal Singh. The police know he did it. Everyone in town knows he did it. But having grown up in the same small town that was consumed by the murder, Pippa Fitz-Amobi isn't so sure. When she chooses the case as the topic for her final year project, she starts to uncover secrets that som

Painless and Practical Ways to Make Extra Cash!

There have been several times in my life where I have needed extra cash. From being a student to living in London where almost all my salary went on rent (to this day I still can't believe how much I spent on rent). Over the years I've found ways to make some extra cash.  As the cost of living continues to rise we are all looking for ways to make some extra cash. So without further ado let me share a few ways to make some extra cash.  Sell your skills Think you about what your skill strengths are and considering offering them as a service. Are you amazing at Maths or English? Consider tutoring local children. Or do you enjoy caring for children? Consider babysitting. You could even sell your art work or writing?  Sell your unwanted items Have a declutter and see what items you no longer use anymore and consider selling them. I have found high quality clothing sells well on Depop . I have made around £50 selling unwanted clothing on Depop . Facebook Marketplace is a great way to